status of AC3 support

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2010 at 7:53 PM

The AC3 parser is finally working, so development of mkv audio muxing can begin again.  I need to interleave (AC3) audio with video.  This will require some restructuring of the code, since the 1.0.0 release only supported video output.  Once I get muxing of both video and audio working, I'll probably make an interim release (1.0.1) immediately, for use by early adopters.  (Of course, if you're a developer, you can always build from sources in the trunk.  I have projects and solutions set up for both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.)

Proper interaction with the user still has to be implemented.  I have to add a command-line parser, and make error handling and reporting more user-friendly.  There needs to be READMEs for all of the projects, and some basic documentation.  Those are the changes planned for the official release (1.1.0).

I would like to have a proper installer, instead of asking users to manually register the in-proc COM server DLLs.  However, I have never written an installer, so I don't know where to even begin.  If you're a developer and you have some tips about writing an installer (or if you want to volunteer to do to the job), please post the requisite information on the discussion page.

-Matt

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2010 at 2:15 AM

AC-3 support is now provided as of the 1.0.1 release.